Since the group was formed in 2010, there has been a variety of activities undertaken by the members.
- Photowalks are one of our favourite methods to see Guyana and interact with other photographers. From our favourite environment of water and seascapes to inland locations such as Linden, we have undertaken 50 photowalks from July 2010 to July 2020. Of these walks, 13 were conducted in June and July 2020 in observance of the group’s 10th Anniversary. Furthermore, two of the walks were organised as Guyana’s entry into the the larger “Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk” in 2013 and 2019.
- Activities specific to photography help us to focus on developing our skills in certain areas. Not counting the very first portrait shoot at the Kitty seawall – near the Bandstand, in July 2010, there have been four (4) such activities. These were focused on portrait photography and how to build a portfolio.
- Challenges help to keep us focused on taking pictures because it just is not possible to participate in photowalks every weekend or month. Over the last decade, we have undertake 41 thematic challenges. In addition, members participated in “Project 365” in 2012 where photographers challenged themselves to take one picture every day for that year. However, due to other challenges, we reviewed this and undertook “Project 52” which was more manageable as this personal challenge focuses one photograph per week. While the 2013, 2014, and 2015 instalments of Project 52 were very subjective, the 2019 and 2020 versions are based on themes.
- Competitions are always a healthy way to open your work for constructive criticism – in addition to receiving a prize at the end – the group has had three (3) theme based competitions and 11 cover photo competitions for the Facebook group. In addition, members have participated in a variety of competitions worldwide such as the Dreaming Guyana exhibition of 2018 which was curated by Grace Aneiza Ali featuring works of Khadija Benn, Dominque Hunter, Michael Lam, and Karran Sahadeo; and the PanAm Photo Exhibition of 2015 hosted by the Hispanic Canadian Arts and Cultural Association and featuring Guyana’s entry from Taijrani Rampersaud.
- Exhibitions – Capture Guyana 2014, Visions 2016 and 2018, GVACE
- Photography Blog